Kobey’s Swap Meet at the Sports Arena has developed a random lottery system which employs the use of wristbands to provide fair and equitable distribution of tickets, including premium spaces, as well as the distribution of tickets for holidays or special events. You may enter the lottery and purchase tickets at the Advance Reservation office at the main entrance of Kobey’s Swap Meet.
The lottery is a random drawing enabling potential vendors to acquire temporary access to a premium space for a particular date.
As spaces are sold one month at a time, the lottery is your first chance to purchase tickets for the following month. On the last week of a particular month, space tickets will go on sale for the following month through our lottery process (last Friday for Friday spaces, last Saturday for Saturday spaces and last Sunday for Sunday spaces).
In addition to the lottery process, Kobey’s Swap Meet provides access to premium spaces through auctions which are usually held twice a year (once in April and once in October), although dates and frequency may change at any time.
Our lottery and auction system is described below. After fully reading this information sheet, please inquire with the Advance Reservation staff if you have additional questions. Kobey’s management reserves the right to alter its format as it deems necessary.
DEFINITION OF THE LOTTERY PROCESS
All lotteries follow the same basic process. Your selection in the lottery list is random and is not based on the time you enter during the entry phase. All lottery entries are placed into a box and then mixed up. In cases where we use the wristband for entry identification, a numbered wristband is randomly pulled from our box to determine the order of space selection.
The procedures and rules which govern the entry and selection of spaces are as follows:
1. You must personally enter the lottery (you cannot have someone else enter for you).
2. You must have a matching “California Resale Permit” (resale permit) which states the Sports Arena address.
3. You must have a current City of San Diego Business Tax Certificate (BTC) which matches the address of your Seller’s Permit (sports arena address) when entering the Lottery.
4. You may only enter each lottery once, independent of the amount of resale numbers you may possess. If you enter the same lottery more than once, your entry will be forfeited for that day.
5. You must personally be present when your number is called and submit all of the required documents at that time (Seller’s Permit and BTC).
6. If you miss your number, for any reason, you forfeit your entry for that day.
7. In cases where the above rules are not conformed to, the individual will be excluded from that day’s lottery with the possibility of permanent exclusion as management sees fit.
8. If you have your spouse enter the lottery for you, both spouses’ names must appear on the resale permit.
9. Spaces obtained from the Lotteries must be occupied by the recipient only.
If a corporation does not wish to place the manager’s name on the resale permit for legal purposes, the following rules apply:
1. The company must have its own Resale Permit.
2. The individual entering the lottery must be a designated manager of the purchasing company.
3. The company manager must have in his/her possession a letter from the company designating him/her as the authorized representative of the company with the power to select space assignments on behalf of the company.
4. The manager entering the lottery must be the same manager present when his/her number/name is called.
5. The company manager is not permitted to use his/her own personal resale permit.
This lottery gives sellers first access to premium spaces for the following month. The seller has access to a particular space for a particular date only. The seller has no permanent rights to a space through this lottery.
The individual Lottery is held the last week of the month for distribution of the following month’s tickets. We conduct a separate Individual Lottery for each day we are open. Our Friday Lottery is held on the last Friday of every month. Our Saturday Lottery is held on the last Saturday of every month. Our Sunday Lottery is held on the last Sunday of every month. All lotteries are independent of each other.
The Individual Lottery time schedule is as follows:
|Open:||10:00 am||07:00 am||07:00 am|
|Close:||11:00 am||11:00 am||11:00 am|
|Results Posted:||11:45 am||11:45 am||11:45 am|
|Lottery Begins:||12:00 pm||12:00 pm||12:00 pm|
All Lottery times are strictly adhered to. Lare entries will not be accepted. If you are not present when your name is called, your turn for selection will be forfeited.
The Lottery is based on random selection, not first-come, first serve. Therefore, it makes no difference if you enter the lottery at the beginning or closing times, as long as you enter by 11:00 a.m. on the last Friday – Sunday of a given month. For the Lottery, you will be given a wristband which has a typed number on it — colors will vary depending on the day of entry. The random starting number of the lottery is pulled prior to distribution of wristbands and is posted shortly before the lottery begins. The seller with the next corresponding number is first to make his/her space selections.
Failure to appear when your number is called will result in forfeiture of your space selection in the lottery. Alteration of a seller’s wristband for any reason will result in automatic forfeiture of your space selection.
Kobey’s holds an auction periodically to dispense Premium Monthly Spaces which have been forfeited over the prior months. Auctions are typically held twice a year, in April and October. However, the schedule may change at any given time. It is best to check with the advance reservation staff to confirm the timing of the next auction.
All auctions are conducted in a silent, sealed-bid fashion. Interested vendors must have in their possession a valid California Resale Permit with the Sports Arena address and a Business Tax Certificate indicating the Sports Arena address as your place of business.
Management determines the “successful” bidder and may elect to not accept any bid for any reason. The successful bidder will be contacted by management and will be required to pay 50% of the bid amount upon signing the Auction Agreement. The remaining balance is due within thirty (30) calendar days. Failure to do so will result in the loss of said auction spaces and previous auction monies paid, at the discretion of Management.
Kobey’s currently has two (2) types of auctions, the Six Month Auction and the Unlimited Auction. The Six Month Auction allows the successful bidder to occupy the space(s) for a period of six (6) months or at such time as the seller violates one or more of Kobey’s Rules & Regulations. The Unlimited Auction allows the successful bidder to occupy the space(s) until either the space is relinquished back to Kobey’s by the seller or the seller violates one or more of Kobey’s Rules and Regulations.
In such instances where an Auction space is revoked due to seller’s violation of one or more of Kobey’s Rules & Regulations or seller wishes to relinquish space back to Kobey’s, all auction monies received by Kobey’s are nor eligible for refund.
KOBEY’S SWAP MEET AT THE SPORTS ARENA MANAGEMENT
© Copyright 2019 Kobey's Corp. ~Kobey's Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved